Following the European Commission's new guidelines, Switzerland can now participate in Coordination and Support Actions (CSA) projects in Horizon Europe.
Read the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) updates:
- Information on the Swiss participation in the EU framework programmes for research and innovation (Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe)
- Questions and answers on Switzerland’s participation in the European Framework Programmes for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe)
For more information on the Swiss participation in Horizon Europe visit the SERI website.
Sources: SERI, Euresearch
The European Commission has launched the third edition of the Horizon Impact Award prize!
All beneficiaries of closed FP7/H2020 projects are invited to submit their application to the prize by 8 March 2022 and compete for the prize worth € 25.000 per each winner.
This award is the European Commission's initiative to recognise and celebrate outstanding projects that have used their results to provide value for society.
More information about award criteria and application procedure can be found here.
Sources: EC, Euresearch
The Horizon Results Booster (HRB) is a new initiative backed by the European Commission which aims to maximise the impact of research projects funded by FP7, Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe. The HRB programme includes several free services to offer some guidance on how best to disseminate and exploit research results:
- Portfolio Dissemination and Exploitation Strategy (PDES)
- Module A: Identification and creation of the portfolio of R&I project results
- Module B: Portfolio Dissemination Plan (design and execution)
- Module C: Assisting projects to improve their existing exploitation strategy
- The aim of this service is to assist you in bringing your results closer to the market by developing an effective business plan, and by preparing to secure appropriate funding for the implementation of project results.
- The aim of this service is to assist you in making their project results ready for commercialisation. The service will support you to identify and/or address potential obstacles to the exploitation of project results and reach commercialisation.
Learn more by visiting the HRB website.
In addition, a series of webinars - “how to” info events - is organised by the Horizon Results Booster team:
- 01 March at 15:00: https://us02web.zoom.us/meetin...
- 10 March at 12:00: https://us02web.zoom.us/meetin...
- 16 March at 15:00: https://us02web.zoom.us/meetin...
- 24 March at 11:00: https://us02web.zoom.us/meetin...
Sources: Horizon Results Booster, Euresearch
The EIT Health Summit is a two-day flagship event (24-25 May 2022) with a hybrid format, which can be attended on-site at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, or virtually.
The Summit will gather world leading healthcare innovators in Europe to envision a long-lasting agenda for healthcare in Europe – one bold vision broken down into EU-wide, national and local smart policies, strategies, regulatory frameworks, financing and innovative solutions that support citizens and improve the resilience of our healthcare systems.
During the Summit, experts will share their expertise on current topics, answer questions from participants and offer various workshops.
More information about the agenda, venue and registration is available here.
Sources: Euresearch, EIT Health
The Euresearch Network Office is glad to organise the online Lunch Break with the NCP on 2 March 2022 from 12:00 to 12:45 CET.
The Swiss Legal and Financial National Contact Point for Horizon Europe - Micol Nantiat - will expose the topic “Associated Partners” and how Swiss researchers and innovators should apply and participate in European collaborative projects, followed by a Q&A session.
Participation is free of charge, registration is mandatory using this link.
On 6 January 2022, the European Commission launched the third edition of Horizon Impact Award prize!
This award is the European Commission's initiative to recognise and celebrate outstanding projects that have used their results to provide value for society. The applicants will need to demonstrate that their results have created societal impact across Europe and beyond.
All beneficiaries of closed FP7 and/or Horizon 2020 projects are invited to submit their application by 8 March 2022 via the Funding and Tenders Portal.
Visit the Horizon Impact Award webpage to learn more about the award criteria and information on how to apply.
Source: European Commission
The European Innovation Council (EIC), established by the European Commission under the Horizon Europe programme (2021-2027), has just published its EIC Work Programme for 2022.
It is available here for download. Of note:
- The EIC Pathfinder Open has its deadline on 4 May 2022 (see the Funding and Tender portal for further details)
- The EIC Pathfinder Challenges will address topics in environment, energy, health and digital technologies
- EIC Transition has deadlines on 4 May and 28 September 2022.
In addition, the EIC will organise an Info Day on 22 February 2022 (online), with detailed presentations of all elements of the EIC Work Programme 2022 and information on how to apply for potential beneficiaries. Both the EIC Pathfinder and EIC Transition are open to Swiss-based applicants.
Sources: EIC, Euresearch
Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) seeks scientific and health experts who want to represent the scientific and wider healthcare communities in its new Science and Innovation Panel.
The role of this panel is to advise on the direction of IHI's future priorities, taking into account the views of different stakeholders, as well as shaping further calls for proposals.
Now, IHI has launched an open call for candidates for this Science and Innovation Panel:
- 4 representatives of the scientific community, including technology research
- up to 6 representatives of stakeholders involved in health care, such as patients, health care professionals, health care providers, regulatory bodies, health technology assessment bodies and health care payers.
Details of the tasks of the panel and how to apply can be found here. Deadline for application: 21 February 2022.
Sources: IHI, Euresearch
After one year into Horizon Europe, the EU's biggest ever research and innovation programme, the Science|Business Network dedicates its annual conference to make the first public assessments of Horizon Europe:
- How is the standard Horizon application and evaluation process working?
- Are the industrial partnerships simpler or more complicated than in Horizon 2020?
- How is collaboration with non-EU countries going?
- Will Horizon succeed in bridging the East-West innovation gap?
The Science|Business Network brings together leading organisations from the worlds of industry, research, innovation and policy making, both at EU and national levels.
The conference will be organised online on 08-09 February 2022. Click here for more information and registration.
Sources: Science|Business, Euresearch
The first year of Horizon Europe and its related programmes and initiatives, such as the Euratom Research and Training Programme, ITER and the Digital Europe Programme, is now over. So far, Switzerland has been treated as a non-associated third country and therefore has had limited opportunities to participate.
In order to obtain an early qualitative overview of the implications of the current situation, the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI is conducting a brief survey on the current Swiss participation in Horizon Europe and related programmes and initiatives.
The aim of this survey is to gather the experiences from researchers, innovators and partner organisations so far, in order to inform key policy makers and to design transitory measures accordingly.
You can access and fill out the survey until 16 February 2022, by clicking here.
Sources: SERI, Euresearch