New ERC Application and Evaluation Procedures for 2024 Calls
The European Research Council (ERC) will sign the "Agreement on Reforming Research Assessment" and change the application and evaluation procedures for the 2024 calls under Horizon Europe. The CV and Track Record sections will change and the proposal itself will count more in the evaluation than the applicant's past achievements.
More details on the changes decided by the ERC Scientific Council are available here.
Sources: ERC, Euresearch
New EU Global Health Strategy in Horizon Europe
In response to the triple planetary crisis of climate change, biodiversity and pollution which has a direct impact on global health, the European Commission recently published the EU Global Health Strategy.
The strategy, which provides a framework for EU health policies up to the year 2030, sets 3 policy priorities, provides 20 guiding principles and lines of action to shape global health, and creates a new monitoring framework to assess effectiveness and impact of EU policies and funding.
The full report is available here for download.
Sources: EC, Euresearch
"Horizon Results Platform & Partners: A Value Proposition" webinar
Horizon Results Platform (HRP) is the EC platform connecting EU-funded R&I results with interested third parties: investors, policy makers, research centres, partners and other stakeholders, in order to enable successful matchmaking.
The HRP team will organise its yearly convention webinar, on 24 January 2023 at 10:00 CET.
In addition to the latest insights on future developments and functionalities of the HRP platform, the partners working with the HRP team will present their expertise and (free of charge) support services to valorise the research results.
More info, incl. the Webex link for live streaming, is available here.
EIC Pathfinder and Transition Challenges - Information Days for Calls in 2023
The European Innovation Council (EIC) Programme Managers organise a series of information days for the EIC Pathfinder and EIC Transition Challenges which will be held between January and March 2023.
Below is an overview of the programme:
- 26 Jan 2023: EIC Pathfinder Challenge - In-space solar energy harvesting for innovative space applications
- 31 Jan 2023: EIC Pathfinder Challenge - Precision nutrition
- 1 Feb 2023: EIC Transition Challenge - Environmental intelligence
- 2 Feb 2023: EIC Pathfinder Challenge - Architecture, engineering and construction digitalisation for a novel triad of design, fabrication, and materials
- 2 Feb 2023: EIC Transition Challenge - Full scale Micro-Nano-Bio devices for medical and medical research applications
- 9 Feb 2023: EIC Pathfinder Challenge - Responsible electronics
- 9 Feb 2023: EIC Transition Challenge - Chip-scale optical frequency combs
- 15 Mar 2023: EIC Pathfinder Challenge - Clean and efficient cooling
Of note, Swiss-based researchers and companies can participate in any of the calls related to these events.
Check out the EIC website for the details on the individual events.
Sources: EIC, Euresearch
Major update of the SCIPROM website
The new year also brought a major update for our SCIPROM website!
Check out our brand-new content about the services we can offer, the ongoing (and completed) EU-funded projects in which we are involved and discover practical examples of materials we design to support science communication: https://www.sciprom.ch
Feel free to contact us for more information about our services.
Warmest wishes for 2023 from the SCIPROM team!